Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Impatience

On June 24, I put 44 succulent leaf sprouts and one small Jade cutting in 2-inch pots and placed the tray under grow lights. It seems like forever ago but it is not quite six weeks. Three of the cells were lost along the way but the remaining 42 have been growing. Not fast enough for me, but growing. I decided it was time today to move a couple of them to 4-inch plastic pots. Here is that Jade cutting, which was just two leaves six weeks ago. It probably was a cutting from Jade #2.

With dozens of random leaves to start with, I don't know what most of these little plants are. This one is reddish-purple and has thick leaves, so I'm thinking grapto-something. It probably is still too small for a 4-inch pot, but I thought it was the best candidate among the leaf propagations. It gets the promotion, ready or not.

Here are the two plants (I believe) in the tray June 24. I'm 100% sure of the Jade, maybe 98% sure of the other one. It was in the right spot in the tray and looks correct except for the color, which of course can change as a plant grows.

Leaf cuttings work, but the process is slow. I probably won't pot up any more for another month.