The Aeonium 'Floresens' is my only aeonium. I have been reluctant to get more because they can get big, and they are summer dormant, opposite of most other succulents. But I am a fan of the one I have. I put it in a large ceramic pot a few months ago, and today transported it from inside the greenhouse to outside on our back patio. It has not gone dormant this summer and is still growing. It has had two offsets for a while, and I just noticed that a third one is starting to peek through. It is visible in the first image below the main bud.
Here are some previous images. In June the darker green in the middle of the leaves and the reddish rims were not as pronounced as they are now. The plant spent some of the time since then under a grow light to supplement the daylight it got in the greenhouse.
The plant came from Ramsey's March 7. The image is from March 26 and one of the offsets is already visible. I rely on Mountain Crest Gardens for descriptions even on plants I don't order from them, and they describe 'Floresens' as, "A variegated Aeonium with leaves that shift from forest green to lime to creamy yellow. The leaves can also blush at their edges and develop a purple mid-stripe if grown in bright sunlight." You can see a hint of the purple mid-stripe on several of these leaves, so I'm interested to see how the colors change as the calendar rolls on.
August 8: Here it is a few days later. Either the color has changed in a short time, or there is some variation in the lighting. There is a lot of smoke in the air and it can make a difference. If nothing else, now I can claim that I have a reason why I scatter broken pottery on the surface.




