Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Changes

Spring, almost summer, is the time when most succulents should be showing changes. I looked at everything today and took a few snapshots to show what is going on. First up is Echeveria 'Doris Taylor' aka 'Woolly Rose,' which continues to develop the two stalks that were already evident when it arrived from Mountain Crest Gardens a month ago.

Also continuing to develop is the stalk coming out of Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy.' It was acquired from Nana's Bloomers two months ago.

Sempervivum globiferum 'Budai Mountains' had one of its new offsets roll away. The small purple ones from last winter weren't viable; hopefully this big green one (on the right) is.

There may be a time in the future when half of my plants are Graptopetalum paraguayense 'Ghost Plant.' If I propagated every bud, leaf and stalk, I would have at least 20 plants. These are the two stalks remaining of the original four purchased in a 3-inch pot from Gainan's in Billings April 8. The other two stalks are in other pots, there are two sprouted leaves in this pot and some more in the propagation bowl, and there are small rosettes on the stalks that could be snipped off and rooted. Disclaimer: The ID is tentative. I have a plant from Mountain Crest acquired in February that definitely is a 'Ghost Plant,' but the ID on this one is a guess.

Cotyledon ladismithiensis 'Bear Paw' has definitely grown since it was acquired at Walmart March 12, and is in three distinct clumps.

Finally, here is the coming-out image of Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg,' the replacement for the one I sold June 6. This one came from Walmart June 13. It was under grow lights for a week and made the transition to the greenhouse three days ago. It is a bit marked up from its time in the dark, crowded store before I rescued it, but overall I am pleased.