Even though the succulents are in the greenhouse, the amount of sunlight each receives during the day varies due to the shelves, walls, other plants, and outside trees. So, taking no chances, I put 'Lola' under a SANSI growlight in her big new pot. It was still light out this evening when I snapped this, but obviously most of the illumination is coming from the SANSI. Cue the dramatic music.
To mount the light, I needed a bracket that was about 10 inches long with a base no more than four inches high so it would fit on a lateral beam. I am in the process of replacing six of my outside flower pot brackets, which are 10 inches long. I just figured out that they don't provide enough clearance from the wall for bushy Supertunia baskets. They are the perfect length for mounting the light, but the base is too tall to fit on the beam. Rather than spending all day searching on Amazon and Home Depot, I made one on the 3D printer. My rudimentary design skills are enough to produce such a thing. Due to printer size limitations, the length is 9.25 inches, so I slid the pot back 3/4ths of an inch to center it. After making sure the first one worked, I printed a second one to hang a SANSI above the Aeonium 'Floresens' in its new pot.
I don't know if the 3D printer actually saves money on such things when you account for all the costs, but rudimentary 10-inch brackets are about $18 for a pair and BambuStudio claims that the pair I am made cost less than $2. I printed them with brown PETG filament, which should be more than strong enough to hold up a light bulb.
Those big pots and grow bag looked so dry, so I watered them today. I also added a small cutting of SunSparkler 'Lime Twister' hardy sedum to the grow bag. It's not really a cutting; it broke off when I was potting up the main plant six weeks ago and has been in a 2-inch pot since then.
